- Featured Article: Here Comes Spring!
- March Community Events
Welcome to our March newsletter!
The official start of Spring is here! What do you have planned for this spring and summer? Chances are, you have at least one project you’d like to get done. It could be as simple as planning a summer vacation, or something more complex, such as a home renovation. Whatever you have on your project to-do list, experts say it’s best to start early. The sooner you begin – even if it’s merely sketching out a rough plan – the more likely you are to get that project done successfully.
By the way, if an upcoming project has anything to do with your home, we may be able to help. We are well connected to the local “home industry”, so we can probably recommend a reputable contractor or other professional from our network. Of course, if you’re thinking of moving this year, let’s have a conversation sooner rather than later. You’re a valued client, and we're always available to answer your questions and provide you with the latest data on prices, markets, neighbourhoods – you name it. We're here to help!
For more advice regarding any of your real estate questions, please contact us.
ally and dennis.
Scroll down to our events section for some popular local events happening in our city!
Victoria Market Statistics for
Victoria real estate market returns to traditional sales numbers, but low inventory persists
February 3, 2020 A total of 411 properties sold in the Victoria Real Estate Board region this January, 24.9 per cent more than the 329 properties sold in January 2019 and 2.2 per cent more than in December 2019. Sales of condominiums were up 6.3 per cent from January 2019 with 118 units sold. Sales of single family homes increased 31.6 per cent from January 2019 with 200 sold.
"Our new year is already showing a strong distinction from the year previous," says Victoria Real Estate Board President Sandi-Jo Ayers. "We've returned to more traditional January sales numbers - which tend to be over 400 sales. Unfortunately, we have not seen a corresponding increase in listings alongside the demand, so buyers in the low- to mid-price segment of our market may find themselves in competition for desirable properties. Our market is challenging and at times like these the services of your local REALTOR® are invaluable."
Find the full report HERE.
NEW LISTING! #502 - 845 Yates St, Downtown Victoria- $459,000
Move in ready! At 892 sq ft this is one of the most spacious 1 bed and den condos you will find on the market today. This 5th floor unit overlooks the courtyard on the sunnier, quiet, south side of the building. The Wave is a steel and concrete building built in 2006. The owner has installed new hardwood floors in the main areas and new carpet in the bedroom and den areas. This generous home features stainless steel appliances, in suite laundry, separate dining area, 4 pc bath with cheater en suite. The den could be used as a 2nd bedroom. It's truly a pleasure to view. Separate storage included! Building amenities include a full weight room and common courtyard. The Wave is professionally managed. There are no age restriction here, BBQ's allowed, small pets allowed and rentals allowed. Walkscore and Bikescore 100. Close to restaurants, cinemas, shopping, etc.
FOR SALE! 10986 Madrona Dr, North Saanich - $999,000
Welcome to your own slice of Waterfront heaven tucked into a quiet bay in Deep Cove! This modern and updated home with spectacular views is compact, bright and functional. It feels like a cozy beach cottage and has the modern finishing’s for todays buyer; granite counters, generous work surface, refinished hardwood flooring, loads of storage, skylights to take advantage of the natural light and French doors opening to a private deck overlooking the ocean. The lower level has laundry and rec room with simple kitchenette and more storage. There is a separate studio with private full bath for your guests. Plan to drop your kayak into the easy waters of this special ocean inlet from your private beach access and where your neighbour is a small Marina. Enjoy the smell of the sweet salt air! A foreshore lease is in place with a deep-water moorage buoy and a boat house. Currently tenanted – do not approach property without appointment. 3rd bedrm has no closet. Year built unknown.
SOLD! 203 - 3008 Washington Ave, Victoria - $475,000
This bright & spacious 2 bed/2 bath condo is over 1100sqft and is conveniently located near bus routes, the Galloping Goose Trail, Selkirk, and is only minutes from Downtown Victoria. Enjoy walking, biking, and kayaking opportunities from your new neighborhood. This meticulously maintained & renovated condo is south-west facing & a corner unit. Featuring: 2 large bedrooms, walk-in closet, 4 piece ensuite, in-suite laundry room, large pantry, gas fireplace, and a private balcony big enough for your BBQ. This unit has been upgraded throughout with granite counters, slate flooring, and updated bathrooms. This home offers secure underground parking & separate storage.
HERE COMES SPRING!
We know spring can be a wonderful time of year with the weather getting warmer and everything starting to grow after winter. Spring is also a time for the dreaded "spring cleaning". We’ve compiled a list of tricks to make this spring your easiest Spring Cleaning yet!
- Make a plan of attack – go room by room and take note of things you would like to get done. Then tackle them 1 room at a time so it isn’t overwhelming!
- Fill a dish wand with half vinegar and half dawn dish soap. Keep the wand in your shower. Before taking a shower, scrub the walls with the wand then rinse off.
- To clean fan blades, toss a pillowcase over the blade then slowly pull off. All of the dust and dirt will stay contained inside the pillowcase.
- Clean your burners without scrubbing. Place in a sealed Ziploc bag with a 1/4 cup of ammonia. Leave overnight then wipe clean with a sponge.
- Spend less time shining your faucets, sinks, and tiles by polishing them with turtle wax. The wax acts as a protective barrier preventing water and soap buildup.
- Mix a few drops of essential oil with one cup baking soda. Sprinkle on your mattress and let sit for one hour before vacuuming. The baking soda will absorb any dirt, moisture and odors while the essential oil will leave the mattress smelling fresh.
- Make your own citrus vinegar cleaner. Place citrus peels in a jar and cover with vinegar and let the solution sit for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, strain and dilute 1:1 with water.
- Use a vinegar to remove hard water stains from your faucet.
- Make your sink shine by mixing borax with lemon juice to make a paste. Rub it on, then rinse it and wipe clean.
- Use a rubber glove to pick up pet hair.
- Fill ice cube trays with vinegar then drop a lemon slice into each one. Drop a couple cubes in your garbage disposal with some water to clean it.
- Clean your baking pans with tea tree oil.
- Use a Q-Tip to clean tight spaces in your window tracks then wipe with a clean paper towel.
- Clean stubborn stains by spraying with a water and vinegar solution and then use an iron to lift the stain. Make sure to put a clean cloth between what you are cleaning and your iron!
- Pour vinegar and water into a bowl and heat it in the microwave for a few minutes. The steam will help loosen any grime for easy clean up.
- After cleaning your vents, apply a layer of wax to them to help repel dust.
- Clean the glass on your fire place by dipping a wet paper towel in the ashes then wipe your glass with it.
- Clean cabinets by mixing 1-part vegetable oil with 2 parts baking soda then scrubbing with a toothbrush.
- Make your floors look new again. Spay on a mixture of 7 cups water, 1/2 cup baking soda, 1/3 cup ammonia (or lemon juice) and 1/4 cup vinegar. Let sit for an hour then scrub off.
- Remove rust spots from your kitchen knives by soaking them in lemon juice.
Remember, not everything needs to be done at once so take your time!
MARCH 6, 2020
7 – 10 pm
VENUE: Raven Lodge, Mount Washington Alpine Resort
ADMISSION: Tickets are $79 per person plus tax and gratuity. Tickets include hors d'ouervres and eight drink tickets.
Find Details HERE
ONE WORLD 2020
MARCH 20, 2020 2pm Dress Rehearsal
MARCH 21, 2020 2pm & 8pm
ADMISSION: Regular $30 / Seniors, Students, Children $24 / Babies, Toddlers under 5 FREE, Dress Rehearsal $15
This spring, nearly 200 Pearson College UWC students from all over the world will showcase their talents through One World — an inspiring presentation of dance, song and spoken word performances.
Find Details HERE
CAPITAL CITY COMIC CON
MARCH 20 - MARCH 22, 2020
Capital City Comic Con is dedicated to comics, toys, games, family fun, science fiction, special guests and pop culture of all kinds. Victoria, B.C. will play host to three days of panels, signings, cosplay, vendors and more in the Victoria Conference Centre and Crystal Garden.
Find Details HERE
Copyright © ally and dennis 2020, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
DFH Real Estate Ltd.
3914 Shelbourne St, Victoria, BC, V8P 4J1 • Office: 250 477 7291